Forget everything you think you know about sleep
Better sleep IS possible in 8 weeks or less without pills, potions or needing anyone's permission but yours.
As a member of Permission to Sleep, you learn the science of good sleep, you get the tools to recover from insomnia and create your good sleeper identity, and we work together to keep you sleeping well for years ahead.Better sleep? Sign me up!
I see you, tired mama.
You're DESPERATE to sleep better and feel better, but it feels like none of the sleep advice on the internet has helped.
You’ve tried EVERYTHING and don’t want to waste money on one more pill or supplement.
You don't want to give up because you’ve slept better than this before.
But after YEARS of putting everyone else first, it feels like you’ve forgotten how.
You thought sleep would get easier when your kids started sleeping through the night, or even left home.
But now it’s YOU who’s awake.
You’re FRUSTRATED with trying so hard to sleep better and still not being able to do it.
And you find yourself thinking...
"There must be something wrong with me"
"Maybe I'm not meant to sleep better than this"
The Permission To Sleep program helps you:
Fall asleep easily
Fall asleep easily at bedtime, and get back to sleep faster. We can't stop midnight wake-ups, but they don't have to ruin your night
Stop your racing mind
Manage bedtime anxiety. Learn how to quiet your brain when it feels like it will never stop talking, worrying or keeping you awake
Wake up rested
Learn (or remember!) what quality, restful sleep feels like for you so you can start your days feeling rested and rejuvenated.
I know you think you've tried it all to sleep better.
And you’re in the right place if you‘re tired of being tired.
You have trouble falling asleep, can’t seem to stay asleep or are tired of waking up every morning at 3 a.m. Maybe even all three!
If you're anything like me, you’ve tried everything and don’t want to take one more pill or potion to sleep better.
You know it’s possible because you’ve slept better than this before.
But after years of putting everyone else first, it feels like you’ve forgotten how.
You’re not alone.
With my Permission to Sleep™ program, I’ll help you re-train your brain to fall asleep, and stay asleep, so you can wake up refreshed and ready to take on your day.
What my clients say:
"Want three more hours in your day? I've created so much more time in my week by working with Janet. Her program is so easy to follow and I love being able to call myself a good sleeper. I highly recommend this program.
Janet is a sleep ninja!"
"Janet helped me see that I was getting better sleep than I thought! I'm now able to challenge my negative sleep thoughts more often and am finding positive ones that work for me too.
Janet's program and support were fantastic!"
Who is the Permission To Sleep Membership ideal for?
Membership in Permission to Sleep is for just about any midlife woman or mom who isn't sleeping as well as they would like. But there are a few things you should know first:
It's perfect for you if:
- You struggle with insomnia that doesn't seem to have a mental or physical illness-related cause
- You've tried several things to sleep better, but you still haven't given up
- You take responsibility for your health and well-being
- You're willing to work on building consistent new habits that bring you results
- You're tired of always being last on your own priority list and that stops today
- You like having a bit of fun while working on something that's important to you
It's NOT for you if:
- You want a quick fix or external solutions to an internal problem
- You don't really want to uncover the reasons for your insomnia
- You hate personal development programs and just want a diagnosis or prescription
- You're looking for something or someone to blame for your insomnia
- You're a little attached to your insomnia and don't really want to sleep better
- You just want a place to vent about it with other people
"Janet helped me root out the true culprit in my sleep problems of more than 16 years. The shift came when I realized how dismissive I've been about caring for me. It's crazy, because I thought I was good at it. Turns out, through Janet's magical powers, she revealed the honest truth. I wasn't valuing myself, I wasn't seeing myself as deserving of rest & the opposite -- constantly trying to prove I deserved rest. I was spending a lot of mental energy on fighting what I rightfully should have claimed years ago. The rest I thought I was participating in was full of justifications and stress, i.e., not true rest. I'll forever be grateful for Janet, she gracefully let me come to these conclusions & gently lead me to a better way."
So what's included in the membership?
The initial sleep coaching program has five modules. It's possible to complete them in about two months, but YOU decide on the timing that works best for you.
You get 10 days to work through Module 1, then Modules 2-5 are released one per week so you can fully concentrate on the one you're working on without looking ahead and worrying about what comes next.
Some members will finish the first 5 modules in 5-6 weeks, while you might want to take 8-12 weeks or more to fully incorporate your new habits into your lifestyle and good sleeper identity.
You have access to the following for as long as you remain a member:
- Live group coaching sessions - you attend at least one call every week until you complete the 5 initial modules, and can keep coming to the calls after that for as long as you remain a member
- Video training, worksheets & a daily sleep diary you complete on your own
- Instruction on how to incorporate each module's new sleep strategies and tools
- Two live Q&A calls per month (in addition to the weekly coaching calls) to be sure your questions about the program get answered
- A private discussion forum just for members where you can get support from me and other members about what's working, or what you need help with
Because there's SO much more to insomnia than sleep, from month 3 onward you'll also get:
- New trainings released regularly to address the self care issues that prevent women from sleeping well in the first place
- Initial topics will include: how people pleasing makes insomnia worse, why sleep and perfectionism don't play well together, and how to handle your urges to scroll your devices in bed (plus lots more!)
- An additional two group coaching calls per month to help you work through these issues and maintain the good sleep you started with Modules 1-5
Am I the right coach for you?
For decades, I was right where you are now.
I had trouble falling asleep most nights, and cycled through entire weeks waking up at 3 am and not being able to fall back to sleep.
I would lie awake frustrated, wishing I could be more like my husband - he falls asleep almost as soon as his head hits his pillow.
Sometimes hours went by. I would toss and turn, scroll on my phone to keep myself entertained, and wish I could sleep like "normal" people.
I was convinced my insomnia was unsolvable.
To feel better, I told myself “sleep is for chumps” – for people who were fooled into thinking they had to spend 1/3 of their lives unconscious.
I must just be a unicorn who doesn’t need it, right?
"The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world" - Leonard Cohen
Well, no. Thankfully, I figured it out.
I'm a great sleeper now. Most nights, I even fall asleep before my husband! And now I want to help you master sleep too.
If my story doesn't inspire you, read the testimonials here from some of my happy clients.
I am a coach, not a therapist or a medical professional. I trained in coaching at CTI (Coactive Training Institute) in 2017-18, and became a Certified Coach with the Life Coach School in 2020. In 2020, I was also certified as a CBTI (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia) practitioner.
"I've seen so many benefits from this program! Coming back to the facts and science about sleep and knowing I'll get the sleep I need has been so helpful. I no longer make one night of less sleep mean I'm always going to suffer. Instead, I've learned to trust that my body will sleep eventually. I've also kicked a lot of old perfectionistic habits and replaced them with allowing the idea that I can't work on all the things at once. I focus on what works for me (sleep plus a few more priorities) and that makes me a lot calmer. And all of this has led to improved relationships with my husband and kids as well."
Frequently Asked Questions:
You talk a lot about moms. Do I have to be a mom to join?
I've already read all the sleep hygiene tips on the internet. How is this different?
Is this a Do-It-Yourself course?
I don't feel comfortable being coached in front of others. Is this still for me?
Can I do this program if I'm already taking sleep medications?
I am a coach, not a medical professional or therapist and nothing in this program is intended to replace either type of advice or treatment. Permission to Sleep offers coaching services only.
If you have an underlying physical condition or untreated mental illness that is causing your insomnia (sleep apnea, narcolepsy, other serious sleep disorders, bipolar disorder, unmanaged major depression or anxiety) it is unlikely you'll find the work we do in the Permission to Sleep program helpful. These conditions require medical supervision and I recommend you speak with your doctor.
If you're suffering from PTSD or an unresolved trauma that is causing your insomnia or making it worse, please seek assistance with a licensed therapist or counsellor.